Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grace

Websters defines it like this: Grace; unmerited help given to people by GOD; 2 freedom from sin by divine grace.

I cannot fathom why. I cannot wrap my mind around the amazing gift that has been given to me. I can however realize the desire in me to live worthy of the grace given. I read this in a book "Gradually train yourself to show your love for HIM by asking for HIS grace. Offer your heart to HIM at every moment. Don't restrict your love of HIM with rules or special devotions. Go out in faith, with love an humility." Brother Lawrence

John Piper writes this "Grace is not simply leniency when we have sinned. Grace is the enabling gift of GOD not to sin. Grace is power not just pardon. "

Grace has got to be my way of life. I have got to rely on HIS grace to have more grace. I must retrain my mind to not do and think like the old me. Praise GOD that HE is there to help me with this and joyfully. HE longs to have me reliant on HIM to get me to a place of utter and complete surrender. And I long to be there.


No comments: