Thursday, July 21, 2011

Quitting FB!!

When I first signed on to FB it was great. I got to see what was happening in my friends and families lives. I got to, to a very small degree, be involved in their daily living, and have everyone be privy to what was happening here at the Pardue household at the same time. As time wore on I realized that I wasn't just signing on to "enjoy" what they were up to, but to see how short I had been falling in my family life. And I was no longer just posting just what ever was going on, I was living for an "awesome FB status". More often than not, when we were having fun as a family, I couldn't wait to post it and see what people had to say about it. I wasn't redeeming the time with my family...I was waiting for the most opportune FB status.

I have also, over the past few months, realized that not only was I comparing my life to others and ending up discontent after being on FB, but I was also bitter and frustrated. My life so often just wasn't good enough. I would log off and be short with my children, unloving to my husband and just flat out "fleshly". The enemy was gaining a foothold on my life and I was oblivious to it. I rationalized it all. "FB isn't sinful", "I am just looking at pics", "I am keeping up with my family", "just keeping tabs on my children"...on and on it would go. I am ashamed of my lack of discernment. I truly had no idea how easily was I being entangled with these thoughts. I again would rationalize all of them. I wasn't seeing how they were infiltrating all I did, and how the affected my entire day when I would log on. The enemy is crafty!!! Does that make sense? I am seeing now, that the days that I am not on, I am more content, more at peace and less inclined to be "fleshly" with my children and husband.

Is this how CHRIST wants me to live? Does He want me to live for anything or anyone but HIM alone? NO!!! Over the past few weeks I have really cut back on my FB time, and much to my surprise...I have survived it! :-) And I am now ready to "quit" all together. I only want to spend my time on things that glorify GOD and bring HIM joy. So here I am, back to blogging. Here I won't and don't "worry" about what people think, I am not concerned if anyone likes what I posted or not, this is our life and if you want to read about it...go right ahead. If not we/I am ok with that too ;)

No comments: