Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Schooling has begun!

Not sure how ready I am for this year...but here it goes. Years past I have been super motivated at the years open...this year...not so much. I am ready, somewhat. I am excited...sort of. But not real motivated. My "baby" is a senior. Really now? I am not old enough to have an almost graduate!!! Not to mention, next year it's Bailey!!! Anyway, so here we go. I have 4 students doing 3 different "programs"...yea I am a glutton for punishment. I had to try a charter this year with Bai and Em, Ainsley is still in public school. She loves it...I enjoy it :) She is ready to come home next year though, she has already said...and often!!! And Corey is with the private ISP that we have been with for 6 or 7 years now...

So here is my goal for this year. To truly guide and build their character. To instill in them the love for the LORD that HE calls us to. We are to love the LORD our GOD with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. That is why I brought them home in the first place right? To train them up in the fear and admonition of the LORD. Over the years I have lost sight and just fed them academics just to get through and call it a year. I really long to, yes educate them, but more than that...give them a firm foundation in the LORD!

Now I hear some of you saying, well then why is Ainsley in school?? Why isn't she home? Here is the truth...she, and we all need her to be :) She thrives at school. She does very, very well. And I will, LORD willing, bring her home next year, or the year after. Is it part selfishness on my part...yes. Is there peace and quite when she is away, yes. Does it pain me sometimes to send her, most definitely! But right now...this is how the LORD is working in our lives. I don't love her less and I don't have less concern for her foundation in the LORD. Not at all!

Anyway...here we go. GOD is so good and will get us through all things!! As I write this I do get more excited and motivated!!! This is going to be a good year indeed!!!



No comments: