Saturday, September 10, 2011

Soccer season!

Today marks the first day of our (Corey's) season. I look forward to this day from the minute the last game of the season is over...does that make sense?? As much as I complain about the heat and packing up for games...I would not change it for anything...I get so much joy out of watching Corey play the game he so much enjoys. Yes there is a bit of vicarious living going on...I never played sports, I was never good at anything, so to watch him play and do very well at it...is very pleasing to me.
I do think however, that this is his last season. He is going to be 18 in Oct. And our league only goes to U19...we'll see. There is an adult league he can play next year..but will it be cool for his mom and family to come and watch? Not to sure!
I just really don't want any of my children to grow up and "fly". I want to keep them all here and under my wing. I know that the LORD has them and will protect and guide them...but will they listen???
Off to pack up..whoo hoo!! GO T.U!

No comments: