Friday, October 21, 2011

John 14:1

"Do not let your hearts be troubled; believe in GOD, believe also in ME."

I have been a born again Christian for 8yrs now and this verse hits me to the core every time. I am a natural worrier. I worry often about things that need not be worried about. According to GOD'S word, I shouldn't worry at all, about anything...Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to GOD." But I do, I am human and I have flesh...still!! In any case, reading the John 14:1 I am convicted. I let my heart be troubled, far too often. And I shouldn't let it happen. I have the HOLY SPIRIT living in me...what ever comes my way, HE has ordained and HE will give me strength to overcome!!

So do you want to hear what I have been troubled over lately? I am planning a good size party for Corey and Bailey. They are going to be 18 and 16 respectively. I am NOT a party planner or attender! I will probably have too much food, not enough drinks and not enough places for people to sit. There will however be plenty for them to do...pool, ping pong, jumpy, Bocce ball, board games and a trampoline. For goodness sake if they get board, they must be boring people:)
The other cause of my "worry"...it is a multi-family party...meaning my ex and his wife, their parents and the kids' uncle will be here..we haven't done a "mix" party since they were 10 and 8 I think.

So that's it...silly as it may sound!! I know that the LORD will prevail and be glorified in and through it all!! (FYI the party is tomorrow from 4-10)

No comments: