Monday, October 5, 2009

Just "thinking"

Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things."
As I sit and reflect on the passage again...and again, I am wrought with sadness. How much of my day do I really truly think on any of these things? Sure during my quiet devotion time with the LORD each morning, I am thinking such...but what happens to me as I close my Bible and go about the "mundane" things in life? Am I continually thinking on the true, noble, just, pure, lovely? The things of good report or anything of virtue and praiseworthy? I am surely not meditating on them. As my day goes on I begin to be discontent and complain, to myself and to others. I don't consider the agenda the LORD may have for the day...I only consider the thwarting of my own agenda and expectation's...and to be quite honest is doesn't take long, it could be even before breakfast is over. Why is my flesh so dominant? LORD reign in me. Let not my flesh take over and rule my thoughts and actions. Oh, that I would think on how lovely and pure YOU are and meditate on the praiseworthy things that you provide moment by moment...yes the world is full of terrible things to complain and worry about, but I have JESUS CHRIST...what have I to complain or worry about. HE is on control, HE has it all worked out and planned ahead, who am I to try and take control of any of it? HE alone is praiseworthy, pure, lovely, just, true and of good report.

No comments: