Friday, August 19, 2011

Grocery Shopping




I am not sure why I do this to myself...but I go to 3 different stores to do my bi-weekly shopping. First on the list is Wal-Mart, they have rather inexpensive groceries...next is Costco. With a family of 7, it is a must. Last stop Trader Joes. After today's excursion, I am wondering if it is all worth it? Am I really saving any money, time or gas? These stores are not exactly close to one another. I don't know. I have a budget for my groceries...but could I be saving more $$ if I just hit one store for it all? Another concern is the type of food I am feeding my family. I have come to a realization that I do not want to give them corn fed beef or chicken. I want free range meat. And I want more organic "stuff", this is where Trader's comes in...I just want to give my family what is best for them. And I want to be a good steward of the money that the LORD provides for our family. I know this may not seem like a "major" issue...but my brain is working...if I stop at one grocery only...I will be compromising what my family eats...on the other hand...am I being a poor steward of money by spending $7 for 2lbs of chicken??

Not to mention the time it takes for me to get all this done...I left at 9a this morning and got home at 12:45p. Almost 4 hours to grocery shop? Really???

Ok LORD you tell me...is it all really worth it? Am I doing the right thing?


No comments: