Thursday, December 22, 2011

Summary of Advent, or whatever!!

I am trying to think of what we have done, if anything since my last post for Advent...or for whatever I decide to call it at the time :) We did buy a tree, we did put lights and an angel on it. We made some delicious Christmas treats for friends, we watched Ainsley do a performance at her school...candle light carols at church...and I think that is it. It has all been very fun and NO STRESS!!

Sad day today though, Bai and Cor went to their dad and step-mom's today. They will be home in a week...but I still get sad when I have to send them away. I know that they enjoy being up there (San Jose), and I know that Ryan and Glo really enjoy having them...I am just SUPER selfish and don't want them to ever leave me...well not until I tell them to :)

Now we are getting ready to spend 4 days in Big Bear. We are sharing a cabin with another family and spending Christmas in the mountains. I am excited. I am really hoping that it will be "white" for the girls. And Jason, he really wants a white Christmas. I could care less...just as long as I can retreat to somewhere warm and have a hot cup of tea, I will be fine!! I will let you all know how it goes...as I sit here, I have 4 loads of laundry to do, packing, chopping of vegetables, wrapping of presents, goodies to make and the list goes on...but I am feeling quite lazy and would rather sit here, watch the girls play babies and just chill. I will kick myself at midnight when I am doing all that I should be now :)

Oh well, have a Merry Christmas everyone. Please remember why we have Christmas at all. The GOD-MAN came and was born as a helpless babe. He grew up to be a man of power and worthy of praise and honor. HE is GOD. He was born to die, to take upon the sins of the world and save us from ourselves, that we might spend eternity with HIM and the FATHER! What a glorious thing. He didn't come so that this time of year we might drive ourselves crazy with do to lists and inundate ourselves with so much that we forget HIM. Slow down...take a look at Luke Ch 2, read about how he came as a helpless babe, that we might be saved through HIM. I love you all...

No comments: